ET1400 not printing properly

I am having problems printing with the above printer. Sometimes I get black lines coming through the page - other times the black prints in grayscale and other times I get no colour at all. Epson say (unbelievably) that this is a Microsoft fault and sent me a link for a hotfix to word 2010 - unfortunately I am using Office 365. I went back to Epson who say it is not up to them to supply a fix for this and that Microsoft should do it. My question is this: Is this the case? Are Epson just 'passing the buck' here?

In my thinking - why would some software in Microsoft make my printer so irregular that it decides to print grayscale or not use colour at all after printing out the first page properly? Even by going through Head Cleaning and Nozzle Cleaning I still can't get it to print out a good test page. Is this REALLY Microsoft's fault?

Ask a Question