HL-L2405W....oy!

So my 15 year old HP got bricked and I decided to go in a different direction. My son has used a Brother laser for over 15 years on his MAC and that's where we went. Looked them up online and Office Depot had them in stock.... until I got there and they didn't / Ordered one from Staples and received it early this AM. Starting at 11AM, the old HP was removed from the scene and the new Brother unit was assembled as necessary and plugged in. I went online to the Brother site and downloaded the appropriate package for MAC OS 12.7.1/ Installed it, rebooted the system and nothing magic happened.
After 5 hours of dealing with this, the printer is registered in the system, connected with the wi-fi using the Mobile app, has a new USB printer cable, toner, paper and refuses to print anything except a "test page"/ The queue on the MAC continually says offline when it's opened after a print command. It's almost as if the spooler doesn't pick up anything to feed to the machine. There were no error messages in the install log. It just comes alive with the power button and then goes to sleep... a "deep sleep". So now what? thx in advance........

5 minutes later......
Sorry to have gone this far...... in the past few minutes, I found the issue and corrected it. Why it wasn't obvious much earlier is beyond me. thanks anyway...

Last edited: