HL2270DW connects to wifi computer but not to an access point

Hello,
I am trying to install a HL2270DW in a new wifi network, but this time my computer (Win10 64bits) is wired (to the box/modem/router). There is a wifi network also connected the the router and my prints should go from the computers to the router by cable, then to the printer by wifi.
I am using the package HL-2270DW-inst-D1-win8-useu.EXE. I choose "peer to peer", "install with usb cable" "no AOSS". The installation package finds the wifi network, but does not find the printer.
If I connect also the computer by wifi, then it works. But afterwards if I remove the wifi connection of the computer the documents are not printed (error).
The printing of the parameters page displays "<Node Type>....... Inactive. I guess this is why it cannot find the printer.
Mybe I have not the good installation package ?
Any other how to ?

:) gabier

Check these Youtube videos for assistance:

Thank you for these videos,
I applied exactly what is described in them. But when finishing the process, the printer appears to be inactive. In fact, if I print the network parameters page (by pressing the Go button during 10 seconds) the node type is "Inactive"
I tried to install the link not using the USB cable but choosing the option "install by Wifi and ad'hoc link". It worked, and indeed a page was printed without any cable. Also the node type on the network page appeared to be "Active". But it did not last. After a few minutes, the printer became inactive again.
I despair ... I will have a look at the network to chexk if there is not an ip problem. If not, I give up.

Gabier: It appears that you may be bothered with printer "Sleep Mode". Try this:

Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> Right Click HL2270 Icon -> Select Printing Preferences ->
Select Advanced tab -> Click Other Print Options Button -> Select Sleep time -> Click Manual
Set Timer Setting to Zero

Gabier: It appears that you may be bothered with printer "Sleep Mode". Try this:
Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> Right Click HL2270 Icon -> Select Printing Preferences ->
Select Advanced tab -> Click Other Print Options Button -> Select Sleep time -> Click Manual
Set Timer Setting to Zero
I tried these options according to your advice and the joined video
- Zero setting on sleep timer
- uncheking SNMP in the printer properties
But it did not do the job. After reinstalling the wifi connection It was again active only for a few minutes.
Never mind, Thank you for trying to help. I found another way to connect the printer to my network by ethernet cable.

Ask a Question