HP 711 Printheads/Ink

This may sound stupid but I know the HP711 ink uses Pigment for Black but I am curious can the CMY printheads handle pigment as well I am looking to change my Designjet T530 over to Pigment

D

Deleted member 14725

This may sound stupid but I know the HP711 ink uses Pigment for Black but I am curious can the CMY printheads handle pigment as well I am looking to change my Designjet T530 over to Pigment
Yes and no.

There is a critical problem with inks, and HP. DYE is used as meaning "water content", and pigment as pigmented with synthetic in suspension, but trust me: HP talks about pigmented ink for some of their printers when it's really water + other stuff, not real pigments. It's really a game of words.

Basically HP has models with "pigment ink", such as the HP7740 and some 8100 sub models, but the print head is still thermal, so if you are not careful you can end up buying the wrong ink just because the salesman says "yes, pigment", and it won't work.

Talking about this is usually a headache.

Ask a Question