HP DJ3632 chronic clogging and leaks on back of page

I refill my cartridges with ink from BCH brand, I keep the holes covered and for some reason have to unclog the heads all the time. I mean, as soon as I clear the magenta port the black or cyan or yellow gets clogged. I am getting maybe two or three prints until they clog up again. Then when it seems I've got a handle on the clogging, if I've ever, then the back of the page starts getting ink streaks and I just finished cleaning the ink out of the inside of the printer after taking it apart and I've also run that back of the page cleaning utility from the HP software several times.

So what's up with the clogging?

And how is the ink finding itself on the backs of my pages?

Printer slightly used. Ink is old, like a couple years at least. I've used a lot of rubbing alcohol on everything.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Alcohol hardens the rubber feed rollers. Consequently paper clogs are common after such cleaning..
Paper will no longer transport through the printer paper path. Rubber rollers are no longer soft and pliable and have no grip on the paper.

Utilize OEM HP brand ink only. You will be glad you did.

Alcohol hardens the rubber feed rollers. Consequently paper clogs are common after such cleaning..
Paper will no longer transport through the printer paper path. Rubber rollers are no longer soft and pliable and have no grip on the paper.

Utilize OEM HP brand ink only. You will be glad you did.
Thanks. I was hoping to go the more affordable route by refilling the ink. Does HP make refill ink? I'll guess no.

Ask a Question