[SOLVED] HP Envy 5540 - Hidden Service menu

Hello.. I have been advised by HP to use the Hidden Service menu on the ENVY 5540 to reset the printer back to the manufacturers default but they wont tell me how to access it.

I believe it is relating to touching the edges on the LCD display in a particular order but it is strange they are not allowed to tell customers how to do it even though they told me to do it.. Any guidance would be appreciated

Thanks

What OS do you have, Windows or Mac?

If windows, navigate as follows:

Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click Your Printer Icon -> Select Printer Preferences
Select Restore Factory Defaults Under Each Tab (Or Select the Defaults Desired)

Advise

Hello.. I had tried that already but HP say the hidden menu that will show up in the LCD display resets all the Hardware/ Firmware and not just a default.

I have found some of the hidden ways for other HP models but not for the NVY 5540.

Ok Jeb:

View This Video:

And This Video:

Be very careful, when accessing this menu.
We do not endorse use of this menu by end users.
Service menus for maintenance personnel only!

Last edited:
Hello it is different on the envy 5540.. I have now got the secret menu access sequence to get it reset,, and now it works as it should,,,

Thanks, I successfully access the service menu.

How can I reset the counters to be able to use a refilled cartridge?

It is a hidden menu that comes up when you press the buttons in the order mentioned.

When the printer is On press BL, BL, BL, BL in quick succession (bottom left button.)
Thanks, that fixed my problem too - the printer had decided it couldn't print in colour and didn't have a duplexer installed.

Ask a Question