HP M454DN Refurb/Refilled Cartridges no longer working

Hello all, new here. I work IT for a local Municipality. I think I screwed up. This will take a minute to explain so bear with me:

So about a month ago, I had started working a ticket to do a warranty replacement on one of our Water Billing Printers which is the HP M454 dn laserjet. Fast forward a week to the replacement install, and everything went smooth, except I forgot to change the host name of the printer on the print server. No big deal. I just reset up all the pc, that were going to be using the printer. I did that, and they were able to print no issues. Fast forward a week, and I had to replace the toner cartridge (Yellow, if it matters).

I replaced the toner cartridge, and restarted the printer. After that, there was an error saying all the color toner cartridges were low, even though they were just replaced within the past 2 months. I'm thinking when I put in a different aftermarket toner, it triggered the drm on all the toners. So the pritner was able to see that the toners were aftermarket/refilled. So, I tried to disable the low toner notification because it would not print in color. Black and White only. I restarted the printer and now it wont get past an error code telling me that the toner cartridges are not genuine.

Since I cannot use the menus is there a way to hard factory reset the printer using physical button presses and the power button. I looked all over the internet but all I could find was the menu path to factory reset. Thanks in advance if anyone has information.

Finally figured it out. If anyone else is curious or has the same issue:

I added the network printer to my pc. I went into the properties and found the ip address. I input the ip address into a chrome browser and did a factory reset from the browser app. After that I just re added the printer to the print server, and reset all the settings on each pc that was connected to it. Pain in the ass, but it fixed the issue.

Thanks.

Ask a Question