Inks for Canon or Epson Inkjet printers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Is there anybody out who can advise me on the following

I am a comlete novice & I wish to purchase an inkjet printer Canon Pixma iP 2600 was recommended I dont want to do any photographic printing just text but the genuine Canon cartridges are not cheap & I read that compatible ink cartridges can cause printer problems, is this so, I have also been looking at Epson printers,it seems they are probably the cheapest to run but I,m told the Canon is the best.
I would be very grateful for any advice or recommendations
Thank you in advance

Rustynail

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Is there anybody out who can advise me on the following

I am a comlete novice & I wish to purchase an inkjet printer Canon Pixma iP 2600 was recommended I dont want to do any photographic printing just text but the genuine Canon cartridges are not cheap & I read that compatible ink cartridges can cause printer problems, is this so, I have also been looking at Epson printers,it seems they are probably the cheapest to run but I,m told the Canon is the best.
I would be very grateful for any advice or recommendations
Thank you in advance

Rustynail

Rustynail,

Yeah, those Canon printers can be one of the more expensive brands to keep in ink. You're probably looking at close to $800 US over five years in cartridge costs alone. (Data from Printer.com.)

The real question, however, is what you need the printer for. You say you're not going to be doing much color printing. How many pages of text do you usually print in a week? Was there a reason in particular that Canon was recommended (such as reliability or print quality)? Sometimes, you get what you pay for, and the added expense can be justified in the quality of the results. However, if you're just printing out grocery lists or rough drafts for personal use, you might want to check out a less expensive option.

- James

Ask a Question