Kyocere FS-1118mfp error code 2202

Hello all,

I have some strange problems with my Kyocera FS 1118 MFP, that is with the scanner module, when I try to scan-to-email: since about a month ago I receive more and more often the error code 2202 when I try to scan to email any document (doesn't seem to matter the complexity of the document).
The FS-1118 is connected to the LAN through a network cable, and viewd by the computers as a network printer (of course through it's static IP: 192.168.0.202 ).
I said it's a strange behaviour, because if I retry one-two times to send the same document to the same email address it works eventually (most often it just works at the second retry).
When I got this 2202 error, the mail server that gets the FS1118's request to send to email shows me this error:
[192.168.0.202] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA
The mail server is, of course, a Linux box that serves now only this send requests from my FS-1118 (it doesn't serves anymore as a mail server for my LAN -- the MTA is sendmail).
What's beeing even annoying is that error page that gets printed by FS-1118 everytime when it have an error (and since this 2202 error occurs more and more often, I loose lots of paper sheets only to this error report ... and this drives my crazy .. such a useless waste of paper...)

Can anyone guide me what should I try to get this error fixed ?
I don't think this could be really a network problem (as it's been suggested by the Advanced Operation Guide manual), since it works just great on other uses: never missed a printer job from any computer in the LAN, never had problems when managed it from the web interface (from my desktop computer).
Should I consider the scanner module to be faulty ?

Ask a Question