Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901 Issue

I have a Lexmark Pinnacle Pro 901 that will print 1 document and then when trying to print a second document, the printers prepares to print but then stops before the paper starts to feed.

When this happens Windows's print spooler freezes. Even if I manually clear the spool director and restart the print spooler service, I'm still unable print to the Lexmark. The copy and scan functions will not work either when it freezes. But if I unplug the usb cable or restart the computer, the first page of the document that was in the queue when everything froze will print out and I can use the copy function again. And only after a reboot is when it will let me print 1 document before freezing again.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Lexmark software and drivers from both Lexmark's website and the original disk that came with the printer with no luck. I've done AVG scan and Malwarebytes scans with nothing found and tested with a known good usb cable. But I can plug the computer up to another HP printer I have and print all day with no issues.

I can't think of anything else to do? Thanks for any help in advanced.

(I made an account just to reply to this, and I can't post links yet. Please bear with me.)

I found the solution!

Go to Google/Bing/whatever and search for (cut and paste this):
lexmark pinnacle pro 901 Inconsistent Printing or Print Failure with Microsoft Windows 7

Pick the first thing that pops up from support-dot-lexmark-dot-com.

Follow the instructions there to turn off printer status messages. I don't understand why it works, but it does.

I was having the exact same problem, and I was so close to buying a new printer yesterday. The way this issue suddenly appeared? Madness! I tried many things, but the page I posted above seems to have done the trick for me. I have printed many things since then, and I'm satisfied.

As for what sort of things this fix turns off, I don't know, but when the printer ran out of paper, a notice popped up on my computer as normal.

I hope this helps!!! And if anyone cares to explain what this fix does exactly, I'd appreciate it!

Last edited:
(I made an account just to reply to this, and I can't post links yet. Please bear with me.)

I found the solution!

Go to Google/Bing/whatever and search for (cut and paste this):
lexmark pinnacle pro 901 Inconsistent Printing or Print Failure with Microsoft Windows 7

Pick the first thing that pops up from support-dot-lexmark-dot-com.

Follow the instructions there to turn off printer status messages. I don't understand why it works, but it does.

I was having the exact same problem, and I was so close to buying a new printer yesterday. The way this issue suddenly appeared? Madness! I tried many things, but the page I posted above seems to have done the trick for me. I have printed many things since then, and I'm satisfied.

As for what sort of things this fix turns off, I don't know, but when the printer ran out of paper, a notice popped up on my computer as normal.

I hope this helps!!! And if anyone cares to explain what this fix does exactly, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks, Ceiling Mouse ! I wish I knew why this works, but it does work ! You would think Lexmark would fix this nasty problem....Ed

Ask a Question