Need to scratch this itch I can't quite reach...

So I have a question, one that's been bugging me for more than a of couple years. I have a HP PageWide MFP 377dw and I have done enough research to verify that the internals (the hardware) are the same as those found in the 400 series PageWide MFP's. Moving forward with that information, here's my hypothetical inquiry. Is there a way to flash the 400 series firmware onto this 377dw and make it think it's the 477dw equivalent, thereby allowing me to use the high yield 972X cartridges and not be restricted to the standard capacity "A" cartridges?

If this is a pipe dream on my part, a simple "No" works. If this is an actual possibility, I would love to find a walk through and a copy f the 400 series firmware I can download to use as a base file for my firmware upgrade. I'll happily post the process and results for anyone else interested in doing the same thing.

TIA!

Ask a Question