Occasional reverse side rotated when booklet printing OKI C844

OKI C844 Printer • MacPro • Acrobat Pro

I'm printing A4 booklets onto A3 paper using the booklet printing option in Acrobat Pro. Booklets from 4 to 10 pages.

All usual settings and most booklets print fine, no matter the size. Occasionally, one will print with the reverse sides rotated 180 deg on all pages (no settings changed). This will seemingly persist for that file. All files were produced using the same specification and view normally on screen.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. I'm not sure whether this is a printer issue or, somehow, some are being corrupted.

Hey there! You're experiencing an interesting issue with your booklet printing in Acrobat Pro. Let's figure out what is causing this hiccup. It's worth checking if the issue persists when you print the problematic booklet on different printers. It will help determine if the problem is with a specific printer or related to the file. Double-checking the settings within Acrobat Pro is a good idea. Ensure you're using the correct page orientation and that the "Auto-Rotate and Center" option is selected in the print dialogue box. Let's bring the concept of Managed Print Solutions into the conversation. It helps optimize and streamline your printing environment. It involves assessing your printing needs.

Thank you for your thoughts – I've already been through most of these. It's not the printer settings, as this reversal is random and can occur mid-print.

My conclusion is that it's the result of a slightly older version of Acrobat Pro that's not behaving totally consistently. In the interim, I bought the Create Booklet 2 app (Mac), and files print flawlessly.

Thanks again.

Ask a Question