Oki c711 power on, no display

I have a used Oki c711 that I bought second-hand. The printer turns on, I hear the relay click on, and then off. the green power light comes on but the display is blank no matter what buttons I press. After further examination I open the motherboard side compartment and noticed that there was a strange almost burning smell coming out of it. I looked around, unplugged wires from one component at a time, i tried everything but could not find the source of the smell which is what I suspect the issue is. I took out all the toners and drum hardware. what I'm trying to figure out if this is a power supply issue or should I just buy a whole new motherboard and give it a try any suggestions?

Hi. Did you find the problem ? We have the same issue with an OKI C711 however there is no burning smell coming from mine. We replaced the power supply but it made no difference.

Ask a Question