Over aspiration?

I'm in the UK and am after a home / home office all-in-one multifunction printer (so I can work and the family can use for homework, oddments, etc.). Specifically it'd be a monochrome laser printer and copier with colour scanning capability. Not too hard so far but I'd also like it to have a duplex capability and be able to connect wirelessly to a home network.

In my office (work) I have a Brother DCP8045D that has all of the above except the wireless bit and was reasonably priced (not totally sure now but somewhere between £200 and £300 a few short years ago). Effectively I'd like a wireless version of that.

So far, I haven't found anything that has all of the features I'm after. If they're wireless thay haven't got the duplex capability or vice versa.

Any suggestions? (Chances are that if it's available in the US or elsewhere, it is or will be soon in the UK.)

Thanks.

Do a search for Printware on google, and use their Printer Search tool. As an added bonus for you, the website is based in the UK.

As it is, I found two that might fit what you need:

Brother MFC 8890DW Mono Multifunction Printer (£410.09 ex vat)

and the

Lexmark X364 Mono Multifunction Printer (£352.18 ex vat)
I'm not sure if this one can scan in color, it didnt specify.

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot for this. I'll give it a go.

Um... I've never heard anyone say anything nice about Lexmark and the Brother looks expensive (compared to what I remember my office printer costing). Have printer prices shot up recently or is it more general and due to currency movements?

I cant say anthing about Brother or Lexmark, I've never used either.

And prices, I dont know what the normal is for this type of printer. I have only worked with the cheap 20 dollar ones you can buy in a wal-mart, or the $5,000+ ones for medium to large buisnesses.

Anyway, best thing to do is lots of research. Good luck.

BTW I can't comment the Brother and the Lexmark products because I haven't used them but many peoples are recommending Canon printers for a reason, they are cheap and consume less. If you want a professional printer then go with Canon.