Printing on 1mm thick paper 5" x 7"

Hi,

I have some thick paper, just a bit under 1mm. It's photo sized, matte and flexible so should feed through OK. Any ideas what printers will handle this thickness?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have some thick paper, just a bit under 1mm. It's photo sized, matte and flexible so should feed through OK. Any ideas what printers will handle this thickness?

Thanks.

What have you learned since you posted this? I'm having trouble myself with thick paper. I have to manually feed it into my HP at just the right speed to get it to catch right. Lots of paper and ink wasted

Hi, I ended up buying a very cheap HP 2540 printer that does the job. I'm actually printing onto Kraft bags with inner foil lining so they're very thick.

Getting to catch at the right speed and print in the right space is very tricky, more of an art than a science. Maybe one in 5 bags prints badly.

Hi, I ended up buying a very cheap HP 2540 printer that does the job. I'm actually printing onto Kraft bags with inner foil lining so they're very thick.

Getting to catch at the right speed and print in the right space is very tricky, more of an art than a science. Maybe one in 5 bags prints badly.

Oh bummer, kind of. 1 out of five isn't horrible I guess. Did you have to change the paper settings to photo or something? I'm wondering what that actually does, if it physically adjusts the rollers down there to accept fatter paper. Thanks

Ask a Question