Printing onto postcard backs

So my employer has asked me to print a message and our address onto the back of about 200 postcards. These postcards already have a face (provided by a dealer for the product we are selling) so I just need to print to the backside of them. However, I only have tray-loading printers here at the office. None of them feed from a slot on top like many home printers do. So two questions:

1. Is there a way to get these postcards to work in tray-loading printers?

2. Is there an easy way to format the text so that it prints in the right spot every time?

I am moderately computer savvy and know how to format things in Word. Just want to make sure I don't waste an entire day trying to make something work that will ultimately end in failure.

THANKS!

I think you'll find it difficult to use postcards in some tray-loading printers, they're generally designed for much larger paper sizes - and you could encounter problems both regarding width and thickness. But overall I do think you'll need to experiment because ultimately results will vary based on both the specific printer and the postcard - and due to the massive amount of variation I think it would be practically impossible for people to give you an accurate answer.

Produced in awesome complete color onto durable greeting card, these post cards can be used as invites, ticket, mailers... or even postcards!

I would agree that there's only one way to find out and that's trying it out yourself. First thing you have to check is if your printer would accept and print nicely on the back of your postcard. Some printers don't work well if the paper is too thick so you really have to see for yourself. If everything goes fine on that end, you can start working on the formatting. It could take a lot of times to get the exact positioning but once you get it right, its full speed ahead -- or at least all you have to worry about is feeding those postcards into the printer! Good luck!

If I were you I'd get some cardstock and cut it to the size of the post cards. Experiment with the blank stuff to see how it rolls through and get your layout just right, that way you don't end up wasting your pre-printed postcards on the experimentation phase. Also, some office printers may look like they don't have a feed tray, but they're just hidden. For example the HP Laserjets have a tray that folds down in the back (probably best for the postcards) and one that folds down in the front (typically for envelopes). Look around and you might be surprised.

Post cards are the one of the best way out to communicate and express your feelings, emotions and sentiments with your loved ones, friends and relatives through Postcards you can make an example of a best customer care.They are very much important whether you are related to a industry or either having a small business.

That would be a tough thing to do. Why don't you try experimenting with some configurations and see if you could find one that will work. Normally, though, postcards would be too small to print with using a tray-loading printer, seeing as these printers usually handle larger, full-size papers and cards.

Ask a Question