S3xx - S305 wireless won't connect

I have a Lexmark S305 wifi certified printer. I have Mac OS 10.11 and Windows 7. With both Operating Systems I can use the wireless setup utility to set-up the wireless in the printer - SSID security and passphrase. And in both cases, although I am 110% convinced after laborious checking of SSID and passphrase that they are correct, the computer can not connect to my printer - although the printer wifi-light changes from orange to solid green.... Also on my access-point/router I see the printer as connected... (I also checked mac-filtering, 802.11 b/g/n mode being set (as the printer does not support n-only mode...- duh!) frequency (2.4G only) etc.). On the Lexmark technical service webpage there is an firmware update link for the wireless card in this printer, which, however leads to a 'page not found' error....

I have tried everything, took me a couple of hours, but this printer is just a pain in the something....printing from Mac with the apple store provided automatically downloaded software works but only over the USB cable. Printing from windows over the USB cable does not work as windows update cannot find the drivers ???

Quite frankly: does anyone want to buy a printer from such a company? And, no, there is no on-line printer support forum on the technical support page of Lexmark.

Anyone with a good idea? Has anyone the S3xx working over wireless with an up-to-date MAC and/or Windows-7 OS '?

Go to Control Panel -> Devices & Printer
See if your Lexmark is listed here.
If not, click Add Printer & proceed

My Epson printer shows "Epson 730 Network" in Devices & Printer. My printer is
wireless and talks to my router as does yours.

Printer may have option to select Factory Defaults in setup menu. Try that.

If printer is present on Devices & Printer page, right click printer and select remove.
Re-install drivers from original driver cd. Follow factory manual instructions carefully.

Lexmark recommended Firmware and Drivers available here:
http://support.lexmark.com/index?pa...LEXMARK_IMPACT_S305&locale=en&userlocale=DE#1

Contact Lexmark for assistance missing firmware page (same WEB Site)

Regards

Last edited:

Ask a Question