Samsung SCX-3400 has zigzag lines on printed pages

For quite a while now random zigzag lines are showing up in different places on printouts. They look like a welding bead if you know that that is. They are at varied angles, never straight and the pattern does not appear to be identical each time. This doesn't happen every time. It does happen when printing or when copying using the scanner.

Sometimes there won't be any lines on the page for several pages, then they will start appearing again for maybe 6 pages or so. The printout below was from Notepad and was just randomly typed characters. It happens regardless of the application I am printing from.

Any help would be appreciated. Other than this it has been a reliable printer.

Attachments

• samsung error.jpg
    samsung error.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 326
I replaced the cartridge with another one and the "worm tracks" so far have not come back. Keeping fingers crossed....

The goofy pattern showed up again today using the new cartridge. I pulled the cartridge out, reinserted it and the next printout was normal. I sure would like to find a cause / solution for this.

Its because of altitude adjustment... i believe u r living in high altitude area.

change altitude setting .. Its having 3 options Normal, High and high1

as its SCX-3400 series in which display is not available, u need to change via easy printer manager software

ALTITUDE VALUE CHANGE (IN CASE THE USER LOCATION EXCEEDS 1,000M FROM SEA LEVEL e.g. Mountain area)

1) Windows and Macintosh (Samsung Easy Printer Manager Program)

- Device setting > Link to program button > Configure value by altitude

Last edited:
It looks more like a driver error, go to your printer properties and change your driver in the advance area to the Samsung universal print driver

I am at high altitude, 8400 ft. I made the altitude change and so far the printer is working perfectly. Thanks!

Ask a Question