Samsung SCX-4725FN display messed up under Scan-to button

I have this Samsung SCX-4725FN printer that has worked pretty well but I have had some issues I've had to resolve.

The printer stopped working and I found a capacitor had went out so had to replace one of the bad capacitors. Another thing I did was enter a special key sequence to get to a technical menu to make it so that my cheap aftermarket toner would work.

Sometime after this, I noticed that when I press the Scan > Scan-to button, what used to show a selection of Applications to select is now messed up characters like black blocks on screen that are unreadable. I've installed latest Samsung drivers and searched for latest firmware but Samsung does not appear to have any firmware available for this printer.

I'm wondering if anyone has come across this issue or knows of a way to resolve this. Thanks in advance.View attachment 456 IMG_20160708_114907.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160708_115309.jpg
    IMG_20160708_115309.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 258

Ask a Question