Samsung SCX-8123 Printer NOT Working!

Hey everyone, I purchased a Samsung SCX-8123 Printer about a year and a half ago for my business and had no problems until about a month ago. My computer was really old and slow so I upgraded to a new computer that had Windows 8 about a month ago. I'm pretty knowledgable about computers, used to build my own and usually setup a lot of stuff myself. Anyways, ever since I switched to this new PC I've been having problems. I have an protection policy through the vendor I bought it through but it only covers hardware and not software, therefore they are useless. In any case it should be as simple as installing the drivers and that's it.

I installed the drivers that were on the install disc that came with the printer. When I do this, the printer prints an error page about every 10 to 15 minutes saying:

PCL6 ERROR - Incomplete Session by time out
POSITION : 0x13ff9 (81913)
SYSTEM : ../XLPGP/os_hook
LINE : 3639
VERSION : PCL6 7.37.01 05-07-2012
ERROR CODE : 11-1312

I suspected that the version could be too old for Win 8 so I went on the site and installed a newer driver. At that point the endless printing of error sheets stopped but I kept getting an error at the top right saying the printer is in an error state every time I tried to print. I've managed to print a couple new things, but I'm stumped.

Lastly, Samsung website is terrible, the Windows 8 driver page was unavailable and now they changed it and you can download .gz files only which are not exe files. It's a pain to deal with.

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something I really need this printer to work and it's really frustrating. I'm pretty close to going and buying a copy of Win 7 and reinstalling everything.

Thanks!

I should also add that it's connected to a router. A couple weeks after the computer was installed I'm now remember we upgraded to AT&T Uverse from slow DSL. they added a router with built in wireless and thinking it could be a communication issue between printer and computer??? I don't know.

Ask a Question