Seeking single-function inkjet

I need a 'single-function' inkjet printer with above-average print quality, and it must
'just work' with Linux. I absolutely cannot stand multifunction printers (i.e. combo fax, copier, scanner,etc.), or wireless printers (wi-fi, bluetooth, etc.), which seem to be all I can find on Google. Can anyone recommend brand/model number of a color inkjet printer that fits these requirements?

Hello,

A good printer in the class you're looking at, would have to be the HP Designjet 6122. This printer fits all the requirements you have and SuppliesOutlet.com is happy to offer low cost printer ink cartridges for this device as well.

Best Regards,

Adrian Watson- SuppliesOutlet Technical Support

Many thanks for the tip. I'll study this model for inclusion onto my procurement list.

Hello,

A good printer in the class you're looking at, would have to be the HP Designjet 6122. This printer fits all the requirements you have and SuppliesOutlet.com is happy to offer low cost printer ink cartridges for this device as well.

Best Regards,

Adrian Watson- SuppliesOutlet Technical Support

It'd be helpful to get more info from you ...

* Paper size (is letter/legal sufficient?)
* What, if any, printer do you now have, or in the past? What were pluses and minuses?
* What software application will you be using? GIMP? other?
* Fade resistance an issue? (pigment has better archival qualities)
* Printing volume (print speed may matter, and the "duty cycle" on entry level SOHO printers may be inadequate for large volume)
* Color accuracy expectations (CMYK may be fine, but high expectations may call for more ink cartridges like Red, Green, Photo-Light-Magenta, Photo-Light-Cyan, Gray, etc).
* Budget for printer and ongoing supplies, including whether you will use OEM ink and OEM paper

My observations ... YMMV ...
* Canon generally has had the best reputation for photo print quality with entry-level printers, but most venders have gotten better over the past several years, so the gap may not be significant anymore
* Older Canon printers are also generally friendlier to cartridge refilling than other brands, if that is an issue (most new printers are increasingly hostile to refilling)
* I don't have any experience with printing on Linux. This might suggest staying away from "latest / greatest" printers.

Ask a Question