Someone please help with my Epson XP-410 sudden ink problem

Discussion in 'Printer Repair' started by Ryan Andree, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Ryan Andree

Ryan Andree

I have been using this printer for almost 2 years, and I really can't afford a new one while in school, so I am hoping someone can help me. I have always used the generic ink, but today the printer won't recognize the black cartridge. I even put the old one back, but it will no longer recognize that one either. I tried cleaning the contacts on both printer and ink. I have also tried three separate black cartridges, but none of them work. No problems with any other colors.

Ryan Andree, Sep 7, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Ryan Andree

ruffin

Try OEM Epson brand cartridge. It maybe your printer has recent firmware update, that precludes use of generic cartridges.

ruffin, Sep 7, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. Ryan Andree

Ryan Andree

Thank you. If that's the case--I would rather throw this piece of shit in the trash and will never purchase another Epson printer again.

I did just download a firmware update--how do I delete it?

My other ink cartridges are also generic but printer has no problem recognizing those

Ryan Andree, Sep 7, 2017
  4. Ryan Andree

ruffin

Regret to inform you, that you cannot delete or un-install firmware update. You can receive further updates as they become available. You have a nice printer. Epson makes a quality product. Regards

ruffin, Sep 7, 2017
  5. Ryan Andree

Ryan Andree

I will never support a company that forces its products on me. If, in fact, Epson created a firmware update to disallow users from refilling own ink, etc., that is unacceptable.

That would be like car manufacturers making a vehicle that only works with their fuel and charging absurd prices

Ryan Andree, Sep 7, 2017
  6. Ryan Andree

ruffin

You are welcome. Is there anything else we can help you with?
    Regards

ruffin, Sep 7, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question