WF 5690- How to change from wireless to ethernet connection

Hello,

I am trying to change this printer from a wireless to a wired connection. I connected the ethernet cable to the printers RJ45 jack expecting it to automatically switch to wired networking, however, the printer stays connected wirelessly. I confirmed the cable is working and should have a connection, so the problem is with the printer.

Searching through the printer menus I saw nothing that would allow me to manually change the connection to wired. I tried the manual and writing to epson. All Epson Support gave me was the same thing from the manual. See below.

To me, the process to do this seems elaborate just to change to a wired connection.

1. Disable your product's Wi-Fi features. On the printer? What features?
2. Connect one end of an Ethernet network cable to the product's LAN port.
3. Connect the other end to any available LAN port on your router or access point.
4. Uninstall your product software. Product software in what device? The printer itself? My computer? This printer is on our network and used by many people.
5. Download and install your product software from the Epson website. Again, install product software on what? Computer, printer? If this is installed on my computer how will it affect others using this printer who have not uninstalled and re-installed the software?
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
7. When you see the Select Your Connection screen, select Wired network connection. 54
8. If you see a Select Setup Option screen, select Set up printer for the first time.
9. Continue following the rest of the on-screen instructions.

Why is it my PC automatically switches to wired network connection when I plug it in, but this printer cannot?

Can someone help? This printer is in an office setting with many people accessing it. I cannot afford to make a mistake and have it unavailable due to my mistakes.

Might it be you have to go back to the installation disk? Or download the whole program. I use wireless, always have. But I guess if I wanted to switch I do an uninstall and a clear install. Not even from the last program in your Downloads Folder. Just get a new fresh one, unless you have the install disk.

Might it be you have to go back to the installation disk? Or download the whole program. I use wireless, always have. But I guess if I wanted to switch I do an uninstall and a clear install. Not even from the last program in your Downloads Folder. Just get a new fresh one, unless you have the install disk.

I called and spoke to support. There is no way around it. You have to uninstall the software on your PC and reinstall as if the printer is a new install. Seems pretty backward to me, but I guess I will do what I have to do.

I called and spoke to support. There is no way around it. You have to uninstall the software on your PC and reinstall as if the printer is a new install. Seems pretty backward to me, but I guess I will do what I have to do.

As I said. The same thing as support. It's maybe tedious but in such a move I think a whole fresh start is called for. Good luck. I've done it several times.

This can be a simple problem fix.
Always, Always, Always, shut down both printer and PC and do Cold restarts.
These computers get confused and the temp files screw things up
Cold Restarts after all installs and maybe after changes depending on your machines.
Many PC's run, run & run and never get cold restarted.

Ask a Question