What exactly is wireless

Hi,

What does a wireless printer mean?

Does it mean that he printer and the laptop I use for printing should be connected to the same wifi connection?

Or I can use any wi-fi connection(maybe in a different city) and still print using the wireless feature of the printer?

Regards
Suhaas

Ian

Hi Suhaas, welcome to the forum :). You'll need to be on the same wifi network to be able to print - usually you'll connect your PC and printer to the same wifi router.

There are other technical ways of being able to print from anywhere, but the "wireless printer" only refers to it connecting to the same network as the print request.

Hi,

Or I can use any wi-fi connection(maybe in a different city) and still print using the wireless feature of the printer?

Regards
Suhaas

In regards to the second part, ePrint on HP printers allow you to email the printer documents to print from anywhere as long as the printer is connected to the internet. I'm sure there's a similar feature on other printers, but I'm drawing a blank.

Wireless printers, also known as WiFi printers, can connect to a network without needing to be hard-wired/cabled into that network. Once a wireless printer is connected to a WiFi network, the computers, smartphones and tablets also connected to that network can print to the WiFi printer.

Wireless printers, also known as WiFi printers, can connect to a network without needing to be hard-wired/cabled into that network. Once a wireless printer is connected to a WiFi network, the computers, smartphones and tablets also connected to that network can print to the WiFi printer.
Thanks for the detailed answer! I am very interested in 3D printers and collect the most popular questions about them)

Ask a Question