xp-630 issues

nlc

This three in one was good in the first year. Now, it blotches when doing double-sided docs; it runs out of ink at an amazing rate (very few pages printed); I can NOT set the quality to DRAFT in the options to save ink; I've contacted Epson, received "support" that was never followed-through on (suppose to send me an ink cartridge - never received it), but that would not solve all these issues anyway!
Has anyone else had problems with the quality of this printer and/or lack of support from Epson in the past?

I bought this three in one printer as I had a previous Epson printer for 6 or 7 years with no problems. The ink cartridges were getting harder to find (older machine, so they change things!) that's why I bought a new one. Now regretting this move.

Sorry to have to look at another company for a printer at this point, as I am frustrated with Epson.

Do you use Epson Brand OEM ink?
Do you use Printer Bond paper?
Do you have Windows or Mac OS?
What Printer Driver are you using?
What Application are you trying to use Draft quality?

If you can not set "Draft" quality using M/S WORD or WORD PAD, re-install driver.
First remove printer from your computer and re-install using install CD.

Navigate: Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click XP-630 Icon -> Select Remove Device
Do same with any other Icons related to XP-630

Re-install
Let us know

nlc

Do you use Epson Brand OEM ink? Yes
Do you use Printer Bond paper? Standard 92 multipurpose paper
Do you have Windows or Mac OS? Mac OS 10.11.06
What Printer Driver are you using? Version 2.0 (AirPrint)
What Application are you trying to use Draft quality? Ones I’ve tried: M/S Word, Google doc, Google sheets, PDF, M/S Excel

If you can not set "Draft" quality using M/S WORD or WORD PAD, re-install driver.
First remove printer from your computer and re-install using install CD.

Navigate: Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click XP-630 Icon -> Select Remove Device
Do same with any other Icons related to XP-630

Re-install
Let us know

I will delete/uninstall all associated material for the printer from the hard drive and reinstall, then let you know. This won’t help the blotching when double -sided printing, though. Nor how quickly this goes through the Photo black ink when I print no photos!
N

NLC:
Guess your have dropped out.
Anyway, it is appropriate for you to install Epson’s own Printer Driver For Mac.
You have the download link in our previous conversation. This should provide
“Draft” print capability.

Remove the Airprint App.

Blotching should also disappear, with double sided printing. Incidently, the Epson
driver automatically flags you, when double sided print is activated. It will suggest that you reduce amount of ink for this print job. Just check the box and your ready to print.

These are one-time settings and the default settings will be restored for next job.

We had hoped to hear from you further, but everyone is busy these days.
Great working with you and good luck with your future prints.

Ask a Question