1500W Magenta fail...

RzB

I have an Epson 1500W that I was hoping to sell for Charity (Médecins Sans Frontières) - it's not had a great deal of use. I have not used it for some time but it worked fine after one head clean - nozel check fine, printed test page etc. Everything working beautifully.

I thought it would be a good idea to replace the Light Magenta with a new cartridge, as it was very low. I have been using Compatible inks in this machine because I only needed it for making large posters etc - I have a 3880 for "fine art" stuff.

After changing the cartridge it gave me an error - on the Magenta! (Not the one I changed). I have tried new cartridges, inspected and cleaned the contacts - all to no avail.

I have paid the local Epson Authorised Service Center to reset the machine to Factory settings but that didn't help - looks like there really is something wrong with Magenta - not a Firmware upgrade as I thought it might be.

I really don't want to send it to land fill - it feels like it's got years of service left in it...

Using Windows 10.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,
Roy

Ask a Question