Accidentally ripped off plastic strip on Epson Ecotank 2850

Hello,

Today, I bought an Ecotank 2850. Foolishly, I thought that the plastic material that goes around the wire inside was part of the protective material that you should rip off. I think I have been mistaken. I keep getting an error of 'Open the scanner unit and remove all protective materials'. Have I completely ruined this printer or can I do anything to fix it? :/

Hello, Today, I bought an Ecotank 2850. Foolishly, I thought that the plasticmaterial that goes around the wire inside was part of the protective . i want to runned it by different printings.

Hello,

Today, I bought an Ecotank 2850. Foolishly, I thought that the plastic material that goes around the wire inside was part of the protective material that you should rip off. I think I have been mistaken inkless printer. I keep getting an error of 'Open the scanner unit and remove all protective materials'. Have I completely ruined this printer or can I do anything to fix it? :/
You likely haven't ruined your printer. The error message suggests there might still be some protective materials inside that need removal. Turn off the printer, carefully check for any remaining plastic pieces or tapes inside, remove them, then power it back on. This should resolve the issue.

Ask a Question