Best Home Laser Printer?

1. Best brand of laser printers?

2. Can you recommend a particular brand and model that works really well and lasts long? (preferrably one that is currently under $150)

3. Can a laser printer handle sheets of labels? I often print on Avery labels but I'm worried that the sheet may get jammed inside the printer since it's a little thick.

4. Are there any other components I still need to buy after I buy a new printer? Such a a drum? Toner? Cartridge? Or are they already included?

Hi,

There is no argument with World-Wide market share that HP has the largest slice of the pie. They produce a good quality product & have for some time, specifically in the home printer sector of the industry. Lexmark also make a high-quality product and I have never had any troubles with them as a Manufacturer.

Laser printers can handle Labels, inparticular those made by Avery, however you must check the paper mediums in the specifications before making a purchase.

Laser printers will generally come with a Drum & Toner when first purchased and you will have to install them yourself (this is very easy to do), I do suggest though checking the yield of the toner that your printer comes with as most Laser printers are shipped with what we call a "Starter Toner" which may only give you half of what a normal toner will.
These yields (or A4 sheets that your toner will produce based on 5% toner coverage) can be found in the specifications area of the consumables for your product or if you just do a search online.

The most important point to consider after you have narrowed down your selection of printers for the features they have and the budget they meet, is the running costs.
If you go and grab a bargain from XYZ but it ends up costing you twice as much in the long run because of the cost of consumables then it is worth making that little bit more of an investment in a printer that will run at a lower cost.

I hope this information helps & if you'd like, grab a copy of my free Printer, MFD & Fax purchase checklist on my site.

Ask a Question