Brother DCP-T710W shutdown after a weird noise on printer head.

Hi, all! I'm new to the world of printer repairing. Like 3 weeks new. But I already had several encounters, which luckily are mostly basic errors. However, a few days ago, I had this Brother printer, model DCP-T710w which came in dead. I replaced the power supply board and did some output cleaning and sent it back to the client. This morning, the printer came back. The now issue is it keeps getting error on the paper feed. It keeps showing paper jam error on the tiny LCD. I tried resetting the printer but for some reason, it keeps getting stuck on error screens such as "Error 44", "Error 48 Unable to print", and "Busy, try again" whenever I try to shut the machine down. Left with no choice but to pull the plug off, I did it several times. Until a bigger problem started happening. The printer began shutting down automatically whenever I turn it on. It will show "Unable to print Error 48" then a weird noise comes from the printer head, (which wasn't moving at all by the way) then shuts down. I have to wait for some 30 seconds before pluging it back and being able to turn it on again. However, the same error comes back. The power doesn't go out when I leave the scanner cover up. I put it down, then the noise occurs again, then BAM! Shut down. Also, I noticed that after being able to free the printhead (by rotating the encoder disk), the printer head moves raplidy, slams into the right corner of the machine (the area where it rests), then power goes off again. I'm hoping you guys can shed a little light on me, because I'm totally lost here. Thanks in advanced, Icm looking forward to your suggestions. Have good day ahead of you.

Update. I somehow managed to fix the abnormal movement of the printhead. The encoder strip was misaligned. after a few twists, the movement came bac to normal. but the Error 48 is still there, plus the shutting off.

Another update. After cleaning the encoder strip once more, the "error 48 Print Unable" goes away, but when the print head goes to the area where it rests (right side), the rollers make this griping noise, then the machine shuts down.

Ask a Question