Brother HL 3170 CDW print quality problems

I have a document that I use for checking the quality of the color print results from the printer. It consists of 4 2 inch wide CMYK solid color bars. When I print it out, the black bar has cloudy white streaks the color of the paper showing through on the ends of them. Yellow has the same sort of thing running up the middle of the bar but the color of the streaks look black there's nothing wrong with the blue bar the red bar has the white streaks running up through the middle of it.The toner life of the black cartridge is about 40% the other three are about 70%. The drum life of all four colors around 70% and the fuser life is at 80%.

Can anyone give me some steps I can take to troubleshoot this problem and give me some idea of which of the above items might be at fault?

Thanks, Jim

I have a document that I use for checking the quality of the color print results from the printer. It consists of 4 2 inch wide CMYK solid color bars. When I print it out, the black bar has cloudy white streaks the color of the paper showing through on the ends of them. Yellow has the same sort of thing running up the middle of the bar but the color of the streaks look black there's nothing wrong with the blue bar the red bar has the white streaks running up through the middle of it.The toner life of the black cartridge is about 40% the other three are about 70%. The drum life of all four colors around 70% and the fuser life is at 80%.

Can anyone give me some steps I can take to troubleshoot this problem and give me some idea of which of the above items might be at fault?

Thanks, Jim

This is a photo of the printout I get.
20191110_163330[1].jpg

Ask a Question