Brother HL-L2350dw Monochrome density not working

I have a MacBook Pro running the latest version of the OS Monterey. I print my black only designs from InDesign, since PDFs give bad quality because it’s not a postscript printer. I can’t seem to get a consistent density with my prints. I use my prints for foiling over the black toner to make cards. The biggest issue seems to be the edges of my words seem faded. It doesn’t matter if it a bold, slab San serif or a script. The edges seem faded. There is also some random fading throughout the words as well. I have tried adjusting the density and it doesn’t matter if it’s on 0 or 6, I seem to get pretty much the same output. I have also tried different paper thicknesses and settings. I use a very smooth white cover paper from Hamilco. I’ve tried cleaning the drum roller and the roller with the toner (sorry, I’m blanking on the name of it) And shaking the toner side to side. Could this be a bad toner cartridge? I just bought this printer about a month ago from Newegg and have just started using it, so its a new brother toner. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Ask a Question