Brother hll3270cdw print unable 02

Hello, new guy here and like most, I assume, coming to hope to solve a problem.

As stated I have the Brother HLL3270CDW that worked one day and the next gave the "print unable 02" code. I don't use it often as it still has or had the starter toner in it. I replaced them thinking that could be the issue. Anyway it is 6 months out of warranty and Brother was no help.

Symptoms are not much. It does turn on with the print unable code 02. I can access most of the functions from the screen. When you turn it on it does not go through it's "warm up". You usually hear parts moving. It does none of that. It will not print a test sheet.

I did remove the left side (facing it) of the printer looking for a loose wire or stripped gear or something stupid simple. Nothing sticks out as "broken". There is a motor that turns freely and don't see any component that let the smoke out. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Hoping to hear somebody knows exactly what may be wrong.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Ken

PS. did a search but didn't find anything. But then my search skills suck.

this error is vague could be a lot of things
it says mechanical problems ie main motor not turning
if every thing is moving freely
then it is usually a power supply problem
hard to really diagnose without seeing it

this error is vague could be a lot of things
it says mechanical problems ie main motor not turning
if every thing is moving freely
then it is usually a power supply problem
hard to really diagnose without seeing it
Yes, It is pretty vague! And damn frustrating. Nearest service center is 120 miles away. Minimum charge is $45 just to look. $90 + to fix plus parts. Shipping it to them and back would put it over the top of purchasing a new printer. Driving there would be about the same with gas prices such as they are.

Ken

Ask a Question