Brother MFC-L2700DW ControlCenter

I was going to try and help my spouse learn how to scan on the above printer, but there is no ControlCenter on the computer. I have searched and searched. Is it possible it did not get installed, or was accidentally removed?

His use of the computer is minimal. He lists rent payments in Microsoft Excel. Previously he would then just copy the checks and bank deposit slip and fax them. But the new management company wants everything emailed. The only way I can think to email copies of the checks and bank deposit slip is to scan them to the computer and then attach to the email.

Anyway, can someone help me by telling me what to do.

When I click Start/All Programs the Brother printer isn't even listed. When I click on Devices and Printers the priinter is there, but that is the only place it appears. I would have no idea where the install CD is and neither does my husband. This place has been through several management companies so who knows. Could I just download the Full Driver and Software Package from the Brother site (http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=mfcl2700dw_us_eu_as&os=10006) and run it?

Full Driver & Software Package here:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcl2700dw_us_eu_as&os=135
Be sure you place your OS & Language in windows at top of download page.

Must uninstall printer prior to installing above.
Otherwise you will have two installations present.
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click mfc2700 icon -> Select Remove Device
Also Uninstall any other Brother software. Uninstall does not mean "Delete"
Good luck & let us know

Download your printer User Guide here:
http://support.brother.com/g/b/manu...00dw_us_eu_as&flang=English&type3=440&type2=5
Save to your computer for future use

Here is Quick Setup Guide as well:
http://support.brother.com/g/b/manu...00dw_us_eu_as&flang=English&type3=124&type2=8

If you are doing complete re-install, follow instructions carefully and do not interrupt process.
Be careful to select drivers & software for your OS

You can try to use search feature on PC. Just type in "Control Center" in search window.

Ruffin: This is the curious part. Altho this printer is listed in Devices & Printers, that is the only place it's found. It is not in the programs list under the Start/All Programs. When you go to C/Program Files, there is no folder for Brother Printer. In Programs & Features, it is not listed so I don't know how I could uninstall it when it doesn't appear to be installed.

It is installed indeed, because it does show in Devices & Printers.

Therefore you must uninstall it, prior to installing new download.

Just navigate as below and select "Remove Device"
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click mfc2700 icon -> Select Remove Device

Go to Control Panel
Select Devices & Printers
Right Click your MFC2700 icon
Select Remove Device

Re-boot your computer

Now printer is uninstalled and will no longer show in Devices & Printers.

Apparently you do not have other Brother software on your computer.
Proceed with new install following your Brothers manual instructions precisely.
Do not interrupt installation - just follow your screen instructions as it proceeds with Install.
Study your manual instructions before you begin

Thank you for your help and the links. I hope to be able to get out and down to his office with him so I can try this. I will let you know how things work out.

One more thought. You may be interested in just using machine as a "Copy Machine" without
using the computer. You can do this just using controls on printer. See pages 21 through 27 of
your user guide. One can copy single pages, placing document face down on scanner glass, or
scan and print multiple copies using ADF with documents face up. If "COPY" function is all you
require, disregard all previous. Try this:

1. Load your document on scanner glass face-down
  2. Do one of the following:
    • For MFC Users:
      Press
      Copy.gif
      (COPY).
      Use the dial pad to enter the number of copies you want.
  3. .Press Start.
    the machine scans the page and starts printing

One more thought. You may be interested in just using machine as a "Copy Machine" without
using the computer. You can do this just using controls on printer. See pages 21 through 27 of
your user guide. One can copy single pages, placing document face down on scanner glass, or
scan and print multiple copies using ADF with documents face up. If "COPY" function is all you
require, disregard all previous. Try this:

1. Load your document on scanner glass face-down
  2. Do one of the following:
    • For MFC Users:
      Press
      Copy.gif
      (COPY).
      Use the dial pad to enter the number of copies you want.
  3. .Press Start.
    the machine scans the page and starts printing
He needs to be able to email documents so need to be able to scan to the computer. He is copying and faxing right now, but the new management doesn't want faxes.

The feeling is mutual. Thanks again for all your patience and help. I hope I can follow through now and get this done. If not, I will be back! ;)

Ask a Question