Brother MFC-L2700DW Size Error DX

Hi everyone, hopefully i can get some help here before possibly buying a new printer. I have a Brother MFC-L2700DW that all of a sudden stopped being able to do automatic duplex printing. This feature worked for years with no problems or issues, but now anytime i try to print something on both sides of the paper, it pops an error message and spits the paper out with only ink on the one side "page 2".

The error is "Size Error DX" which from everything I have found means the paper size is not supported for duplex printing. My paper has not changed for many years and I am using Letter size which is compatible with duplex printing. Here are some things I tried already...

-updated all the software and firmware of the printer
-took apart everything I could (without using a screwdriver) and cleaned it with an air duster. my thought was that a sensor was dirty and causing this error (maybe I don't know where the sensor is and I still didn't actually clean it)
-made sure all the settings in the pc software and the printer were all set to Letter size paper and auto duplex printing
-made sure that the paper tray clips were all properly adjusted for letter size paper
-unplugged the printer and gave it a few minutes before plugging it back in
-out of frustration gave the printer a good whack :mad:

still, the same error keeps on coming up and I'm already shopping around for a new MFC but still have some hope that this one could be fixed because I have a box of toners I still have for it.

hoping for some help here, any thoughts/ideas on how to fix or what else I could try?

Thanks

just wanted to post an update in case anyone ran into the same issue. I fixed it and it turned out to be a faulty toner cartridge. Swapped in a new toner cartridge and everything worked normally.

just wanted to post an update in case anyone ran into the same issue. I fixed it and it turned out to be a faulty toner cartridge. Swapped in a new toner cartridge and everything worked normally.
Wow! Thank you so much. I was traveling down the same frustrating path! A new toner cartridge did it!

Hello Babu and congrats on solving the problem yourself! You seem to be so knowledgeable that I thought you might have an answer to my problem? I'm trying to print only one sided...In a few words, after I change to "None" I can't reach the "OK" as it's embedded at the bottom of the little window, so i tried pulling up that window and it barely shows the line of the box but won't stay for me to click on. Then I tried to decrease the size of the fonts but this function isn't there. I use Laser Brother HL-L2395DW. I'd be SO grateful for your advice! :) Rosa

Are you trying to turn off duplex printing on the printer settings or on the computer print settings?
if one is not working, i would just try the other way.

Thank you Babu, but I tried it on the computer because when I tried it on the printer before, it didn't take me anywhere. It seems to be a very weird glitch. The printer works well, but after I choose the "None" which means it'll only print one side ... I can't okay it as this button is hidden at the bottom of that small window. It was normal before, but now the "OK" button just isn't reachable anymore....

if you're trying it on the computer and the "ok" button isn't reachable, then I think you're having a computer problem, not a printer problem. Try different monitors or resolutions and see if you can reach that ok button, if you're unsure of how to do that, get someone to help you in person on the computer.

Thank you again Babu. You're right, I called Brother and after they looked at it told me it was the computer. I don't have anyone in person or by remote. If I had one, I wouldn't have had to contact the forum and Brother.... :)

Ask a Question