Brother MFC printer/copier

RSS

Good morning:

I have a question. I have the above printer/copier, but I'm not sure how to connect this so that I can scan documents, sending them automatically to an email address? I work remotely on occasion, and it would be a great help to me to be able to do this.

It appears to have this capability, is a wireless machine, and seems to prompt me for an email address, but I'm unsure how to go about programming it to scan to a particular email.

Also, possibly a second question, if I end up working remotely in a hotel room setting, which could last up to 6 weeks, is it wrong or unethical to bring my printer and set it up in my hotel room and use it for work purposes. If not, how would I go about setting it up so that I can use it like I would at home in a remote work setting? I am not a traveler, and not a technically-oriented person. Would greatly appreciate any input.

Thank you.

RSS

RSS

Hi and thank you for the reply. It is a MFC-L271ODW. The panel shows that it will fax, scan, and copy. I am not as much concerned about the faxing capabilities because I know many places aren't going to have phone lines to do that. However, if I could get it to scan to an email address, it would be very helpful.

As for using your printer in a hotel room for work purposes, it's generally acceptable and not unethical, but there are a few things to consider:
Hotel Policies: Check the hotel's policies regarding setting up personal equipment in rooms. Some hotels may have restrictions or charges for using your own devices.
Wireless Connection: Ensure that the hotel provides a stable and secure Wi-Fi connection for your printer to function correctly.
Power Supply: Make sure you have access to power outlets for your printer, as hotel rooms may have limited outlets.

Ask a Question