Printer driver for Brother MFC 7360n not working with Windows 11 Pro on laptop- Error printing in queue

My other laptop broke and I bought this one that came with Windows 11 Pro. My printer is old but still works and I don't use it often. Well, I thought I could plug up the printer to the laptop and all would be good. Instead, after trying to download and install a driver for it, when I try to test print a page, I get an ERROR message: Error printing in queue. I have not been able to use it with this laptop.
I follow all of the directions at the download site but something does not seem to go through or I never get a confirmation that I did things correctly. I don't know a lot about computers other than using them and this part (getting the driver to work) has not been user friendly for me.
I downloaded printer and scanner only driver from the Brother site and from another site. I did the attempted installation several times and would delete the other each time I'd download another after getting the Printing in queue error.
I don't know what to do except do this all over again. Any suggestions? I'm retired and was not looking to buy another printer. I don't like wifi printers. I do have another Brother printer which I will be asking for help on that one too. It is a DCP7040. It prints but won't scan.
Thanks.

Compatibility Check:
Ensure that the printer driver is compatible with Windows 11 Pro. Visit the official Brother website to download the latest driver specifically designed for Windows 11.

Driver Update:
Check for driver updates on the Brother website. Download and install the latest driver for your printer model, making sure it's compatible with Windows 11 Pro.

Windows Update:
Make sure that your Windows 11 Pro operating system is up to date. Run Windows Update to install any available updates, including driver updates that Microsoft may provide.

Uninstall and Reinstall Driver:
Uninstall the current printer driver from your laptop. After uninstalling, restart your laptop and reinstall the driver using the latest version downloaded from the Brother website.

Driver Compatibility Mode:
Try running the printer driver installer in compatibility mode. Right-click on the installer file, select "Properties," go to the "Compatibility" tab, and choose an earlier version of Windows (e.g., Windows 10). Apply the changes and run the installer.

Check Printer Connection:
Ensure that the printer is properly connected to your laptop. If using a USB connection, try a different USB port. If using a network connection, make sure the printer is accessible on the network.

Regards,
Peter

Ask a Question