Brother Printer Driver

Just bought a Brother DCP-L2530DW Mono Laser Printer but I’m unable to get the printer driver to install on my custom built PC running Windows7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 with 8GB RAM, 466GB SSD and AMD FX-6100 CPU.

I went through the process of setting up the printer from the supplied installation disk but the printer driver didn’t install.

Removed the programme, disabled all security software and attempted a fresh install but with the same result.

I then downloaded the Full Driver and Software Package from the Brother website but still no driver install.

Having located the driver in my download folder and I tried to manually install it but I got the following error message…
“Windows found driver software but encountered an error. The system cannot read from the specified device.”
I have tried manually adding the printer in Devices and Printers but I get the error message…
“Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be completed (error 0x0000001e)."

The printer itself is showing up in the Devices and Printers window but indicates an error which needs troubleshooting. Running the troubleshooter just tells me that the printer driver is not installed.

I am going round in circles on this one so any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Just bought a Brother DCP-L2530DW Mono Laser Printer but I’m unable to get the printer driver to install on my custom built PC running Windows7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 with 8GB RAM, 466GB SSD and AMD FX-6100 CPU.

I went through the process of setting up the printer from the supplied installation disk but the printer driver didn’t install.

Removed the programme, disabled all security software and attempted a fresh install but with the same result.

I then downloaded the Full Driver and Software Package from the Brother website but still no driver install.

Having located the driver in my download folder and I tried to manually install it but I got the following error message…
“Windows found driver software but encountered an error. The system cannot read from the specified device.”
I have tried manually adding the printer in Devices and Printers but I get the error message…
“Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be completed (error 0x0000001e)."

The printer itself is showing up in the Devices and Printers window but indicates an error which needs troubleshooting of Brother Printer Drivers. Running the troubleshooter just tells me that the printer driver is not installed.

I am going round in circles on this one so any suggestions would be gratefully received.
thanks in advance for any help

An incompatible driver or corrupt file may be the reason you experience the Driver Unavailable error. Luckily, this is easy to fix if you take a methodical approach. All you need to do is check for any Windows updates and then install the latest driver for your Brother Printer as well as the Munbyn label printer.

Ask a Question