C6503 Booklet Fail with PS Driver

TAD

Hi People,

We have been struggling to understand what is happening with our C6503. When using the PCL driver, the C6503 prints booklets correctly i.e. the pages are in the correct position.

However, when trying to print the same document with the PS driver the pages are all over the place:
Pg 2 on Front Page
Pg 3 on Inside Front
Pg 6 on Pg 1
Pg 7 on Pg 2
Pg 10 on Pg 3
Pg 11 on Pg 4
Back page on Pg 5
Pg 9 on Pg 6
Pg 8 on Pg 7
Pg 5 on Pg 8
Pg 4 on Pg Inside Back
Front Page on Back Page

If I print from a Word document, all is well with both drivers. However, once I shift to a PDF and print from an Adobe product e.g. Acrobat Reader, the PS driver plays up. If, on the other hand, I use a 3rd party Acrobat reader, the booklet mode behaves.

Has anyone seen this, and come to a solution? Potentially a conflict between Adobe products and the Postscript driver.

Andrew

I quit using acrobat years ago due to glitches just like this. I have been using Foxit reader since, and I have had no issues with it.

TAD

Thanks.

Tried Foxit. Pages printing in correct order but unfortunatly the colours are PCL rather than Postscript standard. Is that something that only gets fixed with the paid version?

Andrew

Ask a Question