Can a print driver make a cartridge stops printing completely? IP6000D and Windows11

I have been using an IP6000D for many many, years, primarily for photo and CD printing. I only use Canon cartridges. I have been using Windows 10 for at least a year or 2, and Windows 11 for at least the last year. Some months back printer stopped printing yellow. Tried a new cartridge which didn't help, and changed the printhead with brought it back. It eventually stopped printing yellow again and another new cartridge didn't help. Since I've had it for probably 10 years I bought another NIB IP6000D and used Canon cartridges which worked OK for a little while. Now yellow stopped working again and another new cartridge didn't help. Changed the printhead (again) and still no yellow. 2 new printers, 4 (or 5) yellow cartridges and 3 printheads, all not printing yellow. I know it's a stretch but Is it possible that something in the print driver is causing the failures? 1 printer I could understand, but 2 printers doing the same thing seems pretty odd. I've tried all the cleaning, deep cleaning, resetting the printer, and even flushing the printhead. No difference. Any ideas?

Ask a Question