Canon G4010. Printed photos too dark.

Hi All,
I have recently bought the above printer.
It's been great for text and the quality of the printing when doing photo's is excellent, but it seems to have decied to print them really darkly.
I have tried playing around with the settings, but I don't know what half of them mean!
I'm using the ink that came with the printer and a decent photo paper.
I'd really be grateful of any advice.
Cheers
Nick

Can you show a sample?
what paper are you using?
if you printed on 4 different photo papers with the same setting, you would see difference depending on the photo paper for example, for example kodak paper i find very dull/dark compared to others
thank you

Can you show a sample?
what paper are you using?
if you printed on 4 different photo papers with the same setting, you would see difference depending on the photo paper for example, for example kodak paper i find very dull/dark compared to others
thank you
Hi, Thanks for your response. I am using Koala 240gsm High Glossy Photo paper. I have scanned in the print and also uploaded the original photo for comparison.
Thanks again. Cheers Nick
My file is 3.18mb and I am getting a message saying it is too big to upload. Is that right?

Hi, Thanks for your response. I am using Koala 240gsm High Glossy Photo paper. I have scanned in the print and also uploaded the original photo for comparison.
Thanks again. Cheers Nick
My file is 3.18mb and I am getting a message saying it is too big to upload. Is that right?
Ok, I have reduced the dpi and managed to upload the scanned photo as printed. I'm not sure how to make the original smaller.

Attachments

• scan2.jpg
    scan2.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 16
I think your best thing to do, buy some canon pp201 gloss paper and your see a huge difference, then you have a comparison to compare to, it be good to try other gloss paper and see how you get on. I am sure it be the quality of the paper your using
Hope this helps

I think your best thing to do, buy some canon pp201 gloss paper and your see a huge difference, then you have a comparison to compare to, it be good to try other gloss paper and see how you get on. I am sure it be the quality of the paper your using
Hope this helps
Thank you. I'll get some and see. The only thing I would say is that I also printed it on normal copier paper and it was the same on that. Probably a little worse. I didn't realise that the paper made that much difference.

Thank you. I'll get some and see. The only thing I would say is that I also printed it on normal copier paper and it was the same on that. Probably a little worse. I didn't realise that the paper made that much difference.
Your see it make massive difference, also with paper the ink bleeds too much as no surface area like photo paper, your see when you print on the canon

Ask a Question