Canon ip8750 - colour problem on matte paper

Morning all

Very odd one that’s confused me and cannot fix for some reason.

Using an ip8750 on a MacBook Pro Monterey. I have been using the same paper for ages and always match to the Canon profiles, using the printer to match colours (eg if using Matte paper used mp2 profile). This has always produced close to matching colours to the artwork I am printing which has been designed on an iPad. I export as a TIF and then put in Photoshop to print or convert to a PDF for printing. All in the CMYK colour format.

However this week we have printed an image that has come out much darker than it should have. I used the same paper, same settings as normal on matte photo paper but every print is dark. I then tried printing the picture on glossy photo paper using the canon pro II profile and it worked. I read MAC OS isn’t great with colour reproduction so set up the printer on W10 and tried it but the same problem. I tried a different paper, which was a fine art paper and it was dark again so seems that the picture only comes out true to screen on Glossy paper. Am I being dim or does anyone have any suggestions as I am completely lost! Thank you

Ask a Question