Canon MX492 Paper Crinkling Upon Uptake

Hello all,
There has been a printer sitting unused in my house for a while, and my roommates have told me the printer doesn't work. It turns on, connects to wi-fi, but, it's true, it cannot print properly or even begin to: after I load the paper properly, and try to print something, the paper crumples and crinkles inside the machine before it even gets to be printed on. I always have to remove it from the back side of the printer, and due to this, I know I am not tampering with the ink cartridges (which are full, by the way). I also tried the cleaning and deep clean settings on the printer to see if it would help, and cleaned the rollers with a little alcohol on a small piece of paper towel, which I then allowed to dry.
Any advice?

Nevermind. I figured it out. The back part that guides the paper around was not clicked in properly, which was causing the problem.

Ask a Question