Canon mx882 won't print black.

So I have a Canon MX882 that won't print black. Specifically, when the "Black Copy" button is pressed as opposed to the "Color Copy" button. The page prints blank. If I print from the computer, same thing, anything printed black or greyscale does not print, period. Before I get any real simplistic questions...

yes, I've turned it off and back on again.
yes, I've tried a new cartridge,
yes, I've tried all new cartridges, Factory Canon.
yes, I've tried a new factory sealed print head.
yes, I've tried cleaning the contacts on the print head caddy.
yes, I've tried a full factory settings reset.
yes, I've tried a deep clean cycle
yes, I've tried multiple new cartridges.

The PGI226 cartridge never uses any ink. The meter goes down, but no ink is ever consumed. When printing color the color is off, but I can see that the 225 color and smal back cartridges are being consumed. Color pictures look really off like any dark tones are being sucked out of them. The printer is 14 months old, just our of warranty. I haven't contacted canon yet, but I have a feeling they are going to tell me tough luck.

Any Thoughts?

What does a nozzle check look like? For the black pigment ink, you should see a grid that has no missing segments.

Ask a Question