Canon Pixma 4500 series Problem

Hi
I am new to this thread and hope you knowledgeable people out there can help me with a very frustrating problem I have with my Canon Pixma 4500 series printer.
The printer is connected wirelessly to a mid 2009 macbook pro running Yosemite.
After replacing the cartridges the printing quality is really very bad. It seems to be overprinting itself so you get a blurry double image then occasionally the odd line is OK. I can't seem to find a definitive solution to this problem online and this is why I have come here for help.

Thank you in anticipation
devaneyl

The first thing you should try is to run a nozzle test and see if any nozzles are not firing. If necessary, run a cleaning cycle or two and see if that will fix the problem. If the nozzles are OK then run the head alignment function. Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
Chris

Hi
Many thanks for your reply these are the things I have done.
Head alignment
deep clean
nozzle check
Bottom clean
Taken out the cartridges (which incidentally are genuine Canon) and put them back.
Disconnected from mains.
This has not solved the problem

Sometimes the odd line is fine.

Regards

Harry Kershaw

It could be many things. If possible, please can you send a scan of the nozzle test pattern. The head on the 4500 is very hardy and is not easily damaged. The head on 7000 series printers are often damaged by heat and start to pint in a bow shaped pattern causing misalignment.

If it was my printer here is what I would try.

1- Try and clean the plastic strip behind the printer with a q tip and windex (ammoniated window cleaner). Even water will work but Windex is better. If the plastic optical strip (or circular one on the side) is dirty, then the head will misread its position and start double printing (ghosting). If you can remove the top of the printer this will make it easier.

2. Check that the carriage runs right and left easily. If necessary put a drop of oil on the metal rail.

3- If you still have problems, remove the carts and wrap in plastic wrap to prevent drying. Remove the printhead and let it soak in a dish with windex with 30% pure isopropyl alcohol overnight. Allow the solution to cover the white pad filters that connect with the carts. Cover in a plastic bag to prevent drying out. Then remove and carefully shake wipe dry. Never rub the print nozzles but gently pat dry with tissue. Reinsert into the printer and run a cleaning cycle and test the nozzles again.

Kind regards
Chris

Have an issue with the Canon printer? The best solution to carry out is to reset it. In this blog, you will learn how to reset Canon Pixma printer. The methods in this post include hard reset and factory reset. There are times when the Canon printer does not work for some reason. A reset helps undo all the weird settings and resolves most of your printer problems. You can try the simple reset procedure to fix the Canon printer issue.
Contact us for more information.

The Canon Pixma TS9120 Inkjet printer device comes in small size, and also it is an affordable machine. You can easily buy it from the market and take it to your home. This printer comes in the market with a few more features that you love the time of working on your project with this machine. The Canon Pixma TS9120 Inkjet printer machine gives you six ink cartridges in which two black inks and a photo blue. But your eyes are stuck on the big 5-inch color touch screen display that gives high performance or is easy to use.

This Canon Pixma TS9120 Inkjet printer machine is a compact device that makes it an excellent option to buy for your office work or your home office. The printer makes an amazing print quality, and it easily prints the photos and documents at a respectable resolution. Its scanning and printing time are not too much, and the tool enables this device to digitize physical documents and make digital documents into the actual world. The Canon Pixma TS9120 Inkjet printer device allows you to use various types of filters for your pictures and documents and print borderless images.

D

Deleted member 14725

Hi
I am new to this thread and hope you knowledgeable people out there can help me with a very frustrating problem I have with my Canon Pixma 4500 series printer.
The printer is connected wirelessly to a mid 2009 macbook pro running Yosemite.
After replacing the cartridges the printing quality is really very bad. It seems to be overprinting itself so you get a blurry double image then occasionally the odd line is OK. I can't seem to find a definitive solution to this problem online and this is why I have come here for help.

Thank you in anticipation
devaneyl
I can guess possibilities, like (1) dirty or clogged nozzles / (2) too much ink on the jets dripping and failing the self cleaning because yes, there is a couple of those there for that matter / (3) failure of the print head / (4) or issues with the radial encoder strip.

However, it's very difficult or near impossible to tell without following the previous advice about posting a scanned picture of your print or nozzle check, otherwise we are blind to see it. You can also just take a picture with your cell phone.

The iP-4500 is a great printer!!!!!, I had one. Just remember it's not a new model and was released on 2007, so a lot of issues can take place on those older models. I'm not saying THIS IS the cause, just sharing: sometimes the radial encoder strip unglues itself, I've seen it, and it causes all sort of issues on the prints, but specifically: horizontally.

Anyway just sharing because I love printers, post your pic and it will be easier for everyone to help.

Is your Epson printer's black ink giving you trouble? Sometimes, it may happen that the printer output page is missing black color, or the page is blank or has very little ink. You may presume the print is running out of ink or has run out of ink. Despite the fact that the cartridge contains black ink, the printer does not print in black. We all know that it is a color without which you cannot complete the printing tasks. So, what should you do if your printer won't print in black? Read this helpful article till the end to learn how to fix Epson XP 440 not printing black.

Ask a Question