Canon Pixma mx492 refill error

Had a bit of a brain fart while refilling my color cartridge and put cyan ink into the magenta sponge. I know cleaning the existing sponge will be impossible but was wondering if I opened the cartridge, removed the existing sponge . flushed the well out good and replaced it with a clean piece of "magic sponge" could I save the cartridge? In suggesting magic sponge I see that it is made of melamine sponge the same as the replacement sponges that you can buy of the Alibaba site in China.
Would appreciate and thoughts on the possibility.
Thanks.

A little disappointed that no one offered any suggestions but for those that are interested I opened the cartridge, removed the magenta sponge (which had been incorrectly filled with the cyan ink) washed it out good with lots of clean water. Flushed out the magenta ink well with a syringe (with pressure) until clean water flowed through the print head. Blew the ink well dry reinstalled the now clean sponge and refilled the cartridge properly and it is now working perfectly.
I was surprised none of the the ink (magenta or cyan) had stained the sponge and it washed out to be perfectly clean.. Not a difficult process but a bit messy (rubber gloves are a necessary) so if any one else has a brain fart like I did, take heart all is not lost.

Ask a Question