CLX-6220 Jam in Exit Area

We have a CLX-6220 with a consistent exit area jam. The paper continuously jams in the exit area only. Now, the symptoms of this are a consistent rhythmic clicking like a door is moving. I seem to remember this sound NOT being there except only once in the process of printing a page. The jam seems to fold the paper in the exit area and end up not being ejected. I have to lift the scanner/display level and then once inside I have to lift a black plastic guide to get at the paper. The paper will be stuck at the bottom row of grey rubber rollers next to a slot leading to the inside of the printer. Any idea what this is and what it may take to fix this particular problem. I would hate to see this enterprise class printer go to waste.

I have the exact same problem, including the clicking noises.
About 90% of prints jam in the exit area with the paper crumpled as you describe.
It seems to be much worse when printing duplex or more than one page. I suspect it may be a problem with whichever part sends the paper to either the duplex unit or exit area, but I have been unable to identify it.

We have a CLX-6220 with a consistent exit area jam. The paper continuously jams in the exit area only. Now, the symptoms of this are a consistent rhythmic clicking like a door is moving. I seem to remember this sound NOT being there except only once in the process of printing a page. The jam seems to fold the paper in the exit area and end up not being ejected. I have to lift the scanner/display level and then once inside I have to lift a black plastic guide to get at the paper. The paper will be stuck at the bottom row of grey rubber rollers next to a slot leading to the inside of the printer. Any idea what this is and what it may take to fix this particular problem. I would hate to see this enterprise class printer go to waste.
Hello MagicTW and others
I have the same problem too, I already did a ssystem reset (all) but no result so far. Anyone knows if there is a solution?

Hi All, I have exactly the same problem since I send a file to print on both sides. I also reset all settings, tried b/w or color, cleaned the rollers and was so far not successful. Any news from your side?

I believe this is from a bent myler guide. essentially its a clear piece of plastic that help the paper make sharp turns, however when you pull the paper out the wrong way after a jam, then the guide bends and now the paper runs into it, you have to get it replaced.

It is late for this answer, but somebody maybe will have the problem posted by MagicTW. The problem is due to a electromagnetic clutch which actuate the lift at exit. Under the core of solenoid it is a small piece of sponge which reduce the noise and keep the plate at a small distance from core . That sponge become sticky and work worse.
Put a piece of thin plastic on the face of the core and a little piece of duck tape under the sponge. More than that, you can grease or change MEA GEAR REVERSE. That was enough for me.
Sorry my english, I am not a native english speaker...

It is late for this answer, but somebody maybe will have the problem posted by MagicTW. The problem is due to a electromagnetic clutch which actuate the lift at exit. Under the core of solenoid it is a small piece of sponge which reduce the noise and keep the plate at a small distance from core . That sponge become sticky and work worse.
Put a piece of thin plastic on the face of the core and a little piece of duck tape under the sponge. More than that, you can grease or change MEA GEAR REVERSE. That was enough for me.
Sorry my english, I am not a native english speaker...

Hi Copyman... This sounds like a possible solution for me, thank you! How do I access the electromagnetic clutch. Do you have a photo please? Thank you, Ian

Ask a Question