Samsung CLX4195FW Aftermarket Replacement Toners/Firmware Change

Discussion in 'Ink Cartridges, Toner and Refills' started by lajvd61, Jan 6, 2020.

1. lajvd61

lajvd61

I have an issue with my printer above (Samsung CLX4195FW) which I'm hoping you can advise me on.
    I have recently bought an aftermarket black toner for my Samsung CLX4195FW in replacement of the original Samsung Toner and ever since I have fitted it in, the other toners C M and Y are coming up as incompatible. Even reinserting the original (97% used) black toner does not revert the status.
    The other 3 are also aftermarket and have been around 80% used on average and they have all been working fine alongside the original Samsung black over the past 4 years.
    My understanding is that some firmware update by Samsung have rendered the use of aftermarket toners impossible over the past 4 years that I have owned this printer.
    I spoke to Samsung (HP) yesterday and they have tried to update/roll back the firmware remotely on the printer without success.
    They suggested I speak to a local printer repairer who might have a fix for this.
    Could anyone please let me know if there is a solution I could try?
    Your assistance would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks and regards,
    lajvd61

lajvd61, Jan 6, 2020
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question