Samsung CLX4195FW Aftermarket Replacement Toners/Firmware Change

I have an issue with my printer above (Samsung CLX4195FW) which I'm hoping you can advise me on.
I have recently bought an aftermarket black toner for my Samsung CLX4195FW in replacement of the original Samsung Toner and ever since I have fitted it in, the other toners C M and Y are coming up as incompatible. Even reinserting the original (97% used) black toner does not revert the status.
The other 3 are also aftermarket and have been around 80% used on average and they have all been working fine alongside the original Samsung black over the past 4 years.
My understanding is that some firmware update by Samsung have rendered the use of aftermarket toners impossible over the past 4 years that I have owned this printer.
I spoke to Samsung (HP) yesterday and they have tried to update/roll back the firmware remotely on the printer without success.
They suggested I speak to a local printer repairer who might have a fix for this.
Could anyone please let me know if there is a solution I could try?
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks and regards,
lajvd61

Ask a Question