coated paper into pixma 3650?

Hello to all,

Does anyone have experience using coated(chalk) paper in a pixma (mg 3650) inkjet printer? According to the manual, I must not use more than 105 g of non-original paper, but the text does not expressly prohibit or permit the use of coated paper. I think Canon doesn't even sell original coated paper? I'm not sure with this, but i think that coated paper is not the same as photopaper?

Thank you.

The Canon PIXMA MG3650 printer can print on coated paper, making it a great option for creating prints of exceptional quality on diverse paper types. Coated paper is perfect for printing photos, brochures, and other visual materials since it is specifically made to improve image clarity and color vibrancy. Make sure the PIXMA MG3650 printer's settings menu is set to the proper paper type before utilizing coated paper with it. By doing this, the printing procedure will be optimized to get the greatest results on coated paper.

Hello to all,

Does anyone have experience using coated(chalk) paper in a pixma (mg 3650) inkjet printer? According to the manual, I must not use more than 105 g of non-original paper, but the text does not expressly prohibit or permit the use of coated paper. I think Canon doesn't even sell original coated paper? I'm not sure with this, but i think that coated paper is not the same as photopaper?

Thank you.
Ignore bunkerintergrated - he seems to just copy and paste manufacturers' data and information sheets - silly person.

Panzer hans - 105g/m paper is not an indication of thickness. Contrary to popular misconception you can actually have a 100 g paper that is thicker than a 150 g paper. As for the canon printer - like all printers it is about paper thickness, not paper g/m. Coated paper? Select a any setting not fibre, fine art or matte, if your paper is coated then select a coated setting. It is much better though if you email the manufacturer of your paper and ask for those specifications and whether you can get an ICC profile made for it. He should then tell you which media setting to use on your printer. For example I have only Epsom media settings, but my paper manufacturer lists ALL the media settings I should use for his particular paper, plus I get free ICC profiles with it. Hope something here helps.

Using coated paper (like chalk paper) is generally okay in your printer, as long as the weight stays under 105 grams. That's the specified limit for your MG3650, and coated paper typically falls within that range. So, you're good to go on that front!

Ask a Question