Color prints bad. B/W good

I have an Epson Workforce 610 printer. Color prints are banding very badly. Numerous head cleaning attempts do not solve the problem. Black and white prints look okay.

Now I get continuous "replace cyan cartridge" messages even after replacing it several times.

Any assistance will be very much appreciated.

I would suggest using a syringe with 99% rubbing alcohol in it and pushing it through the contact points (these are what puncture/release the ink from the cartridge) of the print head for each cartridge. Clean out the syringe each time or use multiple (you don't want to mix inks). Take all cartridges out for this and place a paper towel/napkin under the print head (because the rubbing alcohol needs somewhere to go). You may need to place the paper towel/napkin and move the print head to get over it just right. After all that I would suggest cleaning the bottom with the paper towel/napkin or cue tips (sometimes I attach a tube of some type to them with duct tape for better reach). Once the print head is cleaned try a few regular head cleanings. If you can figure out how to remove the print head assembly you can clean it that way, the method provided doesn't require disassembly of the printer.

Good luck.

Ask a Question