Laserjet CM1312nfi MFP color prints with full page streaks of color

So I decided to save a ton of money and refil my magenta and yellow toner cartidges myself. The tape I used to close the hole when filling the toner and to empty the used toner must not have been secure enough or large enough and it seems that some magenta toner has leaked into the machine. My transfer roller in the rear of the machine is basically magenta and I seem some magenta toner in the machine when I slide the toner tray out. The strange thing is when I print just black and white, the print look just fine with no issues, but as soon as I add one work of color to the document, the entire page is full of magenta. Not streaks really, the whole page is magenta with the printed material behind it. I can take a picture of the magenta print and attach it if that would seem helpful. So my question is, should I just replace the transfer roller or can it be safely cleaned? Should I somehow open the machine and vacuum out the toner? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
2015-01-04 11.35.53.jpg
2015-01-04 11.29.42.jpg

Ask a Question